We all studied energy and types of energy. Out of so many types, one of them is solar energy. Although there are numerous solar energy companies in Pakistan, there are people who don’t know about it as much or crave to know about it more. Scroll down to read some the interesting facts about this sun-based energy!
- Unlike electric energy, solar energy is completely free. You use the energy of the sun to switch on your fans. Although the sun is 90 million miles away from our Earth, it takes less than 10 minutes to provide light at our homes.
- The Earth receives 174 petawatts of radiation from the sun in which 30 per cent is reflected and remaining are used by oceans, clouds and lands.
- Solar energy consists of solar radiation and heat. We, humans, could use these radiations and heat by using modern technologies like artificial photosynthesis, solar heating, photo-voltaic heating and others.
- Solar energy can be used to make fossil fuels. The energy can be converted into chemical energy via plants and photosynthesis. This chemical energy is biomass.
- Solar energy and radiation play an important to carry on the water cycle. Oceans and water bodies absorb solar radiation due to which the temperature of oceans increases. The warm air of water bodies rises to high altitude via convection that resulted in the formation of clouds through water vapour. The accumulation of water vapour in clouds cause rain and that’s how the cycle completes and another round of water cycle starts.
- There are two types of solar technology: active solar technology and passive solar technology. Active solar technology includes solar thermal collectors and photovoltaic panels while passive solar technology is creating rooms that have better air circulation or making spaces that have more sunlight.
- You can make saline or slat water by using solar energy. People use solar energy to treat wastewater. It is the oldest way to use solar radiation and energy to make salts from saltwater or seawater.
- In different areas, solar energy is used to heat water by solar-powered hot water systems. The systems use the technology of solar heating to warm water up to 60 degree Celsius to provide warm water for domestic use to 60 to 70 per cent people.
You can visit the best solar system companies in Pakistan to learn about solar energy more.